Cc:            pct-l@backcountry.net
From:          "Jeffrey J. Olson" <jjolson@uwyo.edu>
Date:          Wed, 01 Sep 1999 10:56:20 -0600
Subject:       Re: [pct-l] Slow training

My training regimen for a 35 day section hike was two months of tennis three
times a week along with 10 to 15 mile day hikes with a light pack every other
weekend.  The first 10 days I averaged 12 - 15 miles a day and the next 25
averaged 18 - 20.  I experienced no physical problems other than a blister
while hiking the Crater Lake Rim Trail in Tevas when I let a little rock stay
under the ball of my foot for 100'.  And I was over 40...

Jeffrey Olson
Laramie WY