Re: [pct-l] (no subject)

Jeff asked,

> This got me thinking.  Seeing that I don't carry a knife with a blade
longer than 1.5 inches.... how could I give myself a cut large enough to
require suturing shy of getting a compound fracture?.... Better yet, how
large would this gash have to be?

Imagine you are moving downhill on a rocky trail and lose your balance.
Falling forward you land on your outstretched hand and suddenly have a
2-inch gash in the palm of your hand, or on your forearm as it scraped a
rock. It is several layers of skin thicknesses deep and bleeds quite
heavily. What are you going to do?

John Vonhof
vonhof@pacbell.net