-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Case [mailto:jcase@worldimage.com]

On a related note (and please take this seriously), what are the effects of
filtering urine in an emergency situation?  Does it remove taste and odor?
[Cringing to type this - yuk].  Many realize that urine can be a safe means of
hydrating oneself in a "no other choice" predicament.  I'm not going to try it
(so save your invitation), but it is something that I wonder if a filter will
effect much.  [I can imagine a few readers running to try this now].