Re: [pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #849

This last hike we ASSumed that the campground water was ok. We were
slightly sick to the stomach and attributed it to the campground water
although it could be many things. I now wonder why we ASSumed that
campground water was OK. I didn't see any treatment plant at Onion Valley
Campground! It was, no doubt, shallow well water that was untreated and
untested.

I have read that guirdia is cumlative, that is, a few cysts a day for two
weeks will infect you over several days when a weekend camper will not get
sick. My plan for the future is to assume that all water needs filtering.