[pct-l] Silver Pass (?)

A friend of mine and I are planning a trip for Labor Day weekend; he
mentioned hiking a section of the JMT, he believed it was, around an area
called Silver Pass or Silver Lake (?).  He enjoyed the section  very
much, but hasn't been able to track down exactly where it is.  I'm
wondering if there might not be a few of you who could point me in the
right direction.  Thanks.

Scott D.