Re: [pct-l] Along the PCT

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Determined Hiker wrote:

> Happy birthday to me!  Happy birthday to me!
>
> I bought myself the new book Along the PCT, text by Karen Berger and Dan
> Smith, photos by Bart Smith.  WOW!  WOW!  WOW!
>
> Treat yourselves and pick up a copy!  It will help you get through the time
> between hikes!

That's funny. My sister got me a copy for my birthday last month. I
agree that it's a wonderful book. The narrative is minimal compared to
Eric Ryback or Cindy Ross's books but that's not the main purpose of
"Along the PCT" anyway. The best parts are by far the pictures.

It's odd how random the meetings are out on the trail. I left Campo
one day ahead of Karen & Dan and never crossed paths with them. Yet I
can walk 3/4 mile last weekend on the PCT and run into the only
members of the class of '99 that I'd met ahead of time.

BTW, thanks for the nice words about my Web page. I haven't added much
to it for some time so was thinking it was growing some cobWebs. I
guess that's good in that it means I've been out hiking rather than
typing on this darn keyboard. :-)

-Karl

Karl "Birdman" Brandt PCT97 LT98                       (650) 725-3686
http://gump1.stanford.edu/kbrandt/