[pct-l] Snow in the North Cascades

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Robert "PCT" Butts <rcb-olywa@prodigy.net>.
* Please use <mailto:rcb-olywa@prodigy.net> to reply to the sender.

My buddy and I are planning to either the Stevens Pass - North Cascade PCT section or the North Cascade Pass - Manning Park section beginning September 3.  We are concerned that the Stevens Pass - North Cascades section will still have heaps of snow and are thinking that north of the North Cascade Highway would likely be snow free.  Has anyone hiked either of these sections this year?  If so, did you find yourself scampering through snow?  Any predictions about September conditions?