Re: [pct-l] is the border safe?

Andrew - Speaking of stereotypes and Aryans -

Boy ain't that the truth!  On the Calif portion - watch out for those drug
labs!

I was sitting on the shore of Caples Lake off Hiway 88 near Carson Pass a
while back, just enjoying nature, and out of the woods comes a walking
stereotype:  looked like that kid on the cover of Time that shot the kids at
school in Arkansas, all dressed in fatigues, carrying a rifle (well - a gun
with a long barrel anyway, whatever it was!) accompanied by an adult male
dressed exactly the same.  They looked like survivalists or maybe just deer
hunters - I don't know, but I couldn't help but be a little startled and
nervous.  Just when I had talked myself into not being so judgmental - they
were probably nice guys, the man pointed his gun in the air and shot it off
with no warning or anything.  I just about jumped out of my skin.  He was
signaling his cohorts to come across the lake on their boat to pick him up,
it turns out, but jeez!  I thought it was MY lake!  Gets a little weird
sometimes.

Mary B