[pct-l] From: "Al Cave" <acave@cordova.schoolzone.net>

		My son and I just returned to Alaska after a memorable trip along
the PCT in Oregon.  We began at Mt. McGloughlin on June 25th and
finished at Olallie Lake on July 25th.  We rarely had any "hikable"
trail to follow, using map and compass, and most of the journey was
spent in snow.  The only other hikers we saw were hiking secondary
trails.  We didn't use an ice axe, but only because we each carried a
pair of "stabilicers" from REI, and used them daily.  Without our
"cleats" we couldn't have made the trip!

Al and Andy Cave