[pct-l] JMT-PCT Split at Red's Meadow

Dear Karen,
I concur with Greg Hummel's conclusions that all three alternatives are good and that none would be a mistake but I find his descriptions a little confusing in regard to the non-JMT options.
Yes, the JMT climbs up the west side (wall) of the San Joaquin River valley and skips from lake to lake.
However I believe that the PCT does not stay on the San Joaquin River course. The trail that does is called the River Trail on the map H19 in Volume I of the PCT.
The PCT climbs the east side (wall) of the San Joaquin River valley from Agnew Meadows and is also known as the High Trail.
If  I wanted to see lakes I'd go on the JMT. If I was looking for a gentle climb along a rushing steam I'd pick the River Trail. If I wanted wide open Vistas and to avoid bugs I'd take the PCT.

application/ms-tnef