Re: [pct-l] Re: Mosquitos -- suit up?

sandersbtm@worldnet.att.net writes:

I just finished a 4 day trip in Tuolumne and Yosemite backcountry.  The
skeeters were the thickest I've ever seen.  Without bug pants and a head net
I would have been steak on the barbie for these varmints.  No amount of DEET
could have stopped them IMO.  Around Sunrise HST they were just incredible.
A light colored long sleeve shirt to protect from UV precluded the need for a
bug shirt, but I was very happy I had some goretex rain mitts to protect the
back of my hands.  The only problem with the head net was the diminished
vision, particularly when walking into the sun.   Happy hiking,  Bob R

<< TravelSmith (http://www.travelsmith.com) sells "Skeeter Beeter" tops and
 pants (item numbers 3002 $32 and 3001 $22, respectively).  The writeup says
 they're "virtually weightless.... effective against mosquitoes, black flies,
 and bees."
 Does anyone have any experience with Skeeter Beeters or similar products?
 Would it be worthwhile to take a set with me on the JMT later this
 month/August?  Thanks in advance! >>