[pct-l] Re: snow levels

>Anybody know what the snow levels are around Mt Jefferson about 6000 ft?

I was down climbing Mt. Hood last weekend, and there is still a lot of snow
in the trees and shaded
areas.  Open areas didn't look too bad.  Snow on the trails seemed to be
patchy between 3500 and 4000'.  I had a hard time identifying the PCT route
at Barlow pass.  Most snow there looked to be at least 2' deep. Locals in
Government Camp told me the temperatures really hadn't gotten out of the
50's and low 60's yet. The east slope seemed warmer. Timberline Ski Resort
(5900') has ample snow for skiing all the way to the parking lot.  Suspect
Mt. Jefferson has similar conditions.

Brian