[pct-l] Snow in Washington State

Went to Manning Park June 12th.  Still lots of snow on the PCT.  climbed up
Windy Joe Mtn on snowshoes.  Went next to Crystal Mtn. about June 20th  and
checked out the trail that goes from White Pass To Snoqualmie Pass. I
thought maybe my  granddaughter and I could get back on the PCT at that
point and finish to Snoqualmie.  No such luck still lots of snow between 5
and 6000 ft.and the avalanche shoots  were still very dangerous.(we would
have used snowshoes not skis). Crystal Mtn. opened for summer skiing June
26th. and yesterday it was snowing at about 5500 ft.

 Then at the end of June went to Snoqualmie Pass. Drove the car to the trail
head parking could not get in there  too much snow.  Saw the PCT sign at the
end of the parking area. Went on snowshoes to the trail head.  the Toilet
peaked out of the snow about 1 foot and saw the very tops of the posts
holding the registers etc.  Anyplace there is a forest, it is still holding
the snow.  No way to find the trail unless you have good navigational
skills.  I knew the area and managed to get very close to Red Mountian on
snowshoes and gained about 1000 ft. elevation. The biggest concern I had was
snow bridges over creeks etc.
  Have a son involved in Seattle Mtn Rescue.  they feel the snow will not
leave the 6 - 7000 ft level this year unless it is on a open slope and lots
of sun.

Marge  (the Old Gal)   doing it by sections.