Re: [pct-l] weekendhiker

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:58:26 -0700 Birgitte Jensen <bjensen4@juno.com>
writes:
> Let's all avoid using the expression "weekend hiker". It's one of
> those easy-to-pick-up put downs like "redneck", and it really

I agree. Most long distance hikers start out doing "weekends".    And, I
still look forward to weekend only trips..  Some employers are picky
about taking 6 mos off  for some odd reason. :)    Any hike I can get in
is gravy...

Whether a person is out for r 6 mos, two weeks, a weekend, or a day  they
all fall into the same category as everyone else: a hiker.