[pct-l] hot foot

A general rule of thumb, in near perfect conditions is: -5.5° per 1000' gain
on a clear day, and -3.2° per 1000' gain while in clouds.  This will give
you a general estimate.

You can expect shade as you pass through San Jacinto and start down Fuller
Ridge.  Several miles down Fuller Ridge you will enter desert environment
and there will be very little to no shade until you get back up to altitude
on the West Fork Mission Creek.

Tim and Ann
The Ravens  PCT '96

> I'm planning to begin hiking north at Palms to Pines Highway on Sunday.
The