[pct-l] At vs PCT

I have heard many war storys about the AT in recent years with hikers using
cell phones to  hog up campsites even though other thru-hikers are five miles
ahead of them and closer to prized campsites and shelters. With so many
thru-hikers hitting the trail at one time, people become cold toward each
other. On a recent hike up eagle creek, hikers would not look you in the eye
and say "hi"or Nice Day Huh". I know old time hikers had a deep respect for
each other and always had time to aknowledge each other on the trail and
speak. At small trail towns and drops, it was like meeting a long lost
brother or sister each time you saw a thru-hiker you hadn,t seen in a  month
or two. Hopefully, PCT hikers still share the same caring for each other and
respect. I really hope we don,t get the hordes of people the AT gets. Too
many hikers means people get into their " mall trance" and just look straight
ahead when other people are coming. bummer  Any AT thru-hikers that can share
about this or PCT hikers of recent years?