Re: [pct-l] short hikes/mosquitoes/help! again

BJ,
If the $15 for the boat taxi is out of your range, I would not take this hike.
It is another 5 miles [reportably miserably]. I suggest you prefer the Bear
Creek hike even if you need to walk Bear Diversion Dam Road. First, the first
night destination [twin falls] is much nicer than the "public" hot springs.
Second, the hike up to the JMT is much easier. Third, the destination lakes are
more numerous and just as nice as Sally Keys Lakes. On a brighter note, the
shortcut I mentioned avoids the JMT-Piute CreeK-Florence Lake trail junction,
the city atmosphere you spoke of.