[pct-l] Mailing butane

DZ wrote:
>>Does anyone know if mailing butane fuel to re-supply points is ok?  I am
mailing from Santa Cruz to Echo Lake and Vermillion.<<

With butane or any other fuel cartridge, the P.O. and UPS prohibits shipping
these in the air, so ground shipment (3rd Class or UPS ground) is your only
choice. Because of this, I alway ship my parcels w/fuel cannisters on the
ground.  If you take a commercial flight to your starting point on the
trail, the airline will take away the fuel if you declare it (and they will
probably ask when they see the backpack).  One solution is to mail the fuel
ahead and pick it up at the nearest P.O.

Roger Carpenter
P.O. Box 651
Vancouver, WA  98666
(360) 696-1746