[pct-l] short hikes/mosquitoes/help! again

Thanks everybody so far for responding. Please keep the suggestions
coming in - it looks like the destination may end up being
spur-of-the-moment just like a Grown Up hike. (Thank you for reminding me
that if we don't actually stay at the MTR, we shall have to hike, instead
of being transported, there, Tom; I'll have to see if the
horsies/boat-ride are enough appeal to compensate for the additional
couple of miles... The JMT-part is coming back to me slowly; as I recall
now the trail-junction forest is truly bug-city, ugh; JMT-hikers be
warned.)

So far it seems the only sure way of insuring a lump-free group is to dip
'em in DEET, wrap 'em in fabric softener sheets, and envelop 'em dawn to
dusk in a cloud of Raid.....<LOL> I think "Warnhiker"'s suggestion to
_make_ them like Citronella appeals to my schoolmarmish side, also
ollifactory sensibilities. (maybe I can save weight on deodorant?) It's
obvious that delicate complexions, biting insects, and noxious chemicals
are an unhappy combination; right now am working on a rain dance, which
has it's own drawbacks, also on scary bear-stories to keep them in the
tent, heheheh. Gritting my teeth to do a "guinea pig" shake-down trip
with sagebrush and vitamins and cactus juice - I wish you guys would
include your home addresses so I (or the hit man) 'll know where to come
looking if the suggestions don't work, know what I mean.          bj

Uh, this is awkward timing, but, in the bite-the-hand-that-I-just-shook
vein:
I was in process of drafting (usually just stream-of-consciousness, but
gotta be careful with this one) a Real Sincere Reply zzzzzzz post on
what's now dubbed the Death Man business - and will probably send it,
sorry. Have been trying real hard lately to be a cheek-turning pussycat,
but sometimes (Gosh Greg, if you'd just let it Be, guy! The latest brave
souls are _leaving_ for chrissakes!)

Anybody wants to stick bjensen4@juno.com in their address book (or talk
me out of posting) better do so now.....