[pct-l] Climbing Mt. Whitney

I am going to be hiking Mt. Whitney July 21-23 approx.  Hiking the
traditional route, Mt. Whitney trail from Whitney Portal.  Staying at Trail
camp at least 1 night.   Has anybody summited recently?  What are trail
conditons like?  Is there much snow?  Any need for instep crampons, or ice
ax???   I know its a couple of wk away yet and lots of snow can melt in that
time, but I will leaving July 4th and will not be near the internet.  Please
respond directly to Linda at laj8190@garnet.acns.fsu.edu for I do not get to
read the PCT digest every day.  Thanks.