[pct-l] Sally Keyes Lakes?

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999 14:34:15 -0700 reynolds@ilan.com writes:
>I have returned from the trail juat south of Seldon Pass.
>I picked up the following news on my recent backpack.

Am interpreting this to mean you hiked to the Sally Keyes Lakes about,
what, 4-5 miles along the PCT from your Muir Trail Ranch base? If so,
could you give me a little information? I need a sampling of pleasant
_westside_ camping trips for visitors this summer; they'll be coming from
the SF-area. So far, I have Pear Lake, but that's in Sequoia NP...

We wouldn't be able to afford MTR, of course, but I think the kids would
get a kick out of seeing (petting, I hope <g>) the horses, and the
mileage looks about right. Were there a lot (in case it's crowded) good
campsites at the lakes not right on the Trail? Did it seem like one could
get a good breeze (I'm thinking about mosquitos), and sun in the early
morning? Assume there's lots to explore, little critters to watch, etc
etc..? How much $$ was the Edison Lake ferry? (hours operating?) Sorry,
am trying to save on long-distance phone calls.

Have absolutely no memory at all of the hike up there, frankly; all I
"remember" was rushing up to V.Valley, and my photos are no help either.

TIA         bj