Re: [pct-l] website space

>     The backcountry.net site was down for the migration to the new server.  I
> announced this to both the PCT and AT lists.    Your implication that I take it
> down for 5 days at a time w/o reason is a little out of bounds.
>
>     I'm not Geocities;  I run this out of my basement with equipment and telco
> I pay for myself.

I would have to side with Ryan. My previous offer for
Web Space still stands but don't jump to conclusion
if a server goes down for a period of time. I've run
rollercoaster since 1994, and since 1995 had it on
my own box in my own home (started on a dial-up!) and
I can attest to Ryan's statement that we do this
with our own money/equipment and most of all, TIME!

It takes considerable amount of time to handle a server
taht's pretty busy on your own. Add to that multiple mailing
lists, user accounts and maintnence and you can sometimes
feel overwhelmed. I know I do sometimes. Remember folks,
most of us who do this do it for the pleasure and most
of us work alone. The fact that it's free should alert
you to the *possibility* of potential problems and downtime.

My apologies for the off-topic post :)

Jim
--
Jim Serio - jim@rollercoaster.com