Re: [pct-l] Desire to hike a piece of the PCT

Linda

By July 15-23 those portions of the PTC will not be very much fun because of the
HEAT  and the dry conditions.  I would look at the section around Kennedy
Meadow.  But if you want a grand look at the Sierra, take a side trip before or
after you summit Whitney to the Bristle Cone Forest in the White Mountains.  You
can drive to +/-11,000' and the Sierra's are a incredible view across Owens
Valley and you can visit some of the oldest living things in the World.

Enjoy your visit

owen k