[pct-l] request for stove recommendation

Hello,

I subscribed to this list a week ago, and I've enjoyed hiking vicariously
through all the reports I've been reading.  I'm planning on doing the PCT
from Campo to Ashland next summer, and I wanted to ask the first of what
will probably be a long series of questions:  What's the best kind of
stove to take?  Ray Jardine describes the drawbacks of each (illegal to
mail, kerosene stoves are heavy & sooty, LPG canisters aren't refillable
& have to be packed out.)  The closest he comes to a recommendation is
unleaded gasoline.  Has anyone had success modifying their stoves to take
it?  Any advice on general type or specific models would be greatly
appreciated.

Many thanks,
Luke Clossey