[pct-l] Pelouze PE5 gear review

	Deciding I needed a bit more than a half ounce resolution from my garage
sale analog diet scale, I purchased a Pelouze PE5 digital postal scale.  It
is accurate to .1 oz. / 2 grams, and has a total capacity of 5 lbs. / 2200
grams.  There is also a 10 lb. /.2 oz. big brother to this model.

	It features self-calibration.   It has a "zero" feature which allows the
user to place another object on the scale, such  as a plate, tray, etc.,
and then zero the scale.  The entire unit is light - about a couple of
pounds, I'd guess.  I couldn't tell exactly because my garage sale analog
diet scale only goes to 1 pound.  The unit measures 6" x 8" and the surface
area of the scale is 5.5 " x 5.5 ".    The LCD display is .75" x 1.75".
There are four buttons on top:  Off.-On-Zero-Gram/Ounces toggle.

	It cost 72 bucks and change at the local office supply store.  With it, I
purchased an AC adapter.  It also takes a nine volt battery to allow
portable use (not included).

	There is a more expensive version of this model which has a replaceable
chip to upgrade when postal rates change. There are also more expensive
scales that will measure to grams, but 1/10th ounce resolution will do fine
for me.  I thought that 72 bucks was about all I needed to spend on a scale.

	It seems well made.  I guess I'll find out in the coming weeks.

Kelly Miller

	I'm not affiliated with this product or with anyone who is.