Re: [pct-l] Surprise packages

At 09:48 AM 6/14/99 -0700, laurelm@evs-eco.com (Laurel J. Menoche) wrote:
>I "think" the packages would eventually get returned to the sender if no
>one picked them up. Maybe not? Every resupply point probably has a
>different procedure for unclaimed packages.

Depends on if the supply point is a Post Office or not. If you send the
package with one of the methods that provide forwarding (first class - etc)
then it will be returned to sender 30 days after it arrives at the PO. If
you put an "expected pickup date" on the box, sometimes the PO will hold it
30 days after that.

If you send it to a private drop, then  each one has their own policy, and
usually you need to send them a note asking for it back, with money to pay
for the return shipping.

-Brick