Re: [pct-l] surprise packages

In a message dated 6/8/99 11:24:11 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
determinedhiker@hotmail.com writes:

<< I'd like to hear how surprise packages are going.  >>

True story.

In 1997, my boyfriend was hiking the AT. He stopped at one of his mail drops
right before one of the most difficult areas of trail. The Tye River post
office. This place is near the trail and is not a town place. Hikers stop and
get their mail and get back on the trail and keep hiking. There were 2
surprise boxes of food there along with his own mail drop. The boxes were
filled with homemade goodies and he just couldn't not get rid of anything. So
up he climbed 3 ridges with all this food and hurt himself because of the
pack weight.

He is currently on the PTC. I send him packages, but weigh everything and
make sure that I send reading material he can quickly discard. Please
remember that everything you send has to be put on someones back. You should
see me in stores comparing candy bar weights. Kudos seem to weigh the least
lol.

       choovers