[pct-l] Accident near lone pine

>I just got off the phone from the PCTA, and was given these details about
the accident this weekend. The details came from the Lone Pine Sherriff's
office.

>The victim was John Lowder from La Mesa (near San Diego) CA. He was through
hiking California.

>His body was found on 5 June west of Lone Pine in Cottonwood Lakes basin,
below New Army Pass (just off the uppler left corner of map G13) just above
High Lake. This is about 1.5 miles east of the PCT, about 6 trail miles
south of the Mt Whitney area. He was traveling alone at the time of the
accident, and they think it happened between the 3rd and the 5th of June.

>It looked like he slipped down an icy chute, and was found about 80 feet
below the trail with signs of massive head injuries. They said there was no
ice axe found with the body.