Re: [pct-l] stress and medications

At 12:07 PM 6/4/99 -0700, rhubarb@dwp.net wrote:
> but I'm an RN, and wanted to mention that the treatment for giardia is not an antibiotic, since the problem is not bacterial in origin.

I am not a doctor, or even an RN, but the statement above is in error:

The cause of the disease GIARDIASIS is the Protazoic Cyst Giardia Lamblia. This IS treated with anitbiotics, namely Flagyl (generic name metronidazole) in the USA, or outisde the USA Fasigyn (generic name tinidizole). Tinidizole is considered to be the better of the two drugs but is not FDA approved.