Re: [pct-l] Pertussis (Was: Lyme and big-bad...)

:I wonder how they'll feel if their child
:dies of pertusis (anybody know what it's common name is? It used to be one
:of the highest causes of childhood death before the development of a
:vaccine/antibiotics. It is the "p" in the DPT  vaccine, and the number of
:cased reported in the last 5 years has dramatically risen.)

Whooping cough, I believe. And I agree with you -- people have forgotten how
many kids died before the age of five before vaccines and antibiotics were
created. They don't want the tiny bit of danger that vaccines include but
want the miracle of antibiotics as soon as their kid is uncomfortable, even
if it's just a cold (against which antibiotics don't work anyway), thus
causing resistant strains of many diseases...

Karen