[pct-l] Shoes vs. Boots/Equip/Video

It's been quite in here so I'll pose a few questions.

1.) On the tennis shoes (Jardine's way) vs. boots, I
    plan to do the shoes for my hike next year but it
    would be nice to hear from those of you who HAVE
    done the PCT wearing tennis shoes. Obviously,
    you'll still need boots for the snow, but how long
    did you wear sneakers and how many pairs did you
    go through. Any recommded brands?

2.) I saw a message awhile back asking what was in
    our packs but not too many replies. Could some of
    you muster up what you remember carrying? It's be
    nice to somehow inlclude some real-world pack
    items on the PCT (or related) page. This could be
    a real help to future PCTers.

3.) A few years ago someone on this list sent me a
    video done by 2 brother hikers. I can't remember
    their names (or the person who sent me the video)
    but I was wondering if anyone else has video-documented
    they thru hike? If I can get pack weight down
    enuogh I will attempt this next year. Batteries
    are a concerns but there are some new 13+ hour
    batteries out there. A couple of those and a
    charge for stop-overs and you could probably do the
    trip using 6 or so batteries. Experiences from
    those of you who have tried this would be great.

Regards,
   Jim
--
Jim Serio - jim@rollercoaster.com