[pct-l] Bear Boxes and BJ

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Marge Prothman <margepr@cyberhighway.net>.
* Please use <mailto:margepr@cyberhighway.net> to reply to the sender.

Hi Tom,

I would appreciate your sending to me any information you have on the Bear
Boxes....I am just starting to research Bear Boxes etc.
on the John Muir Trail.

I am a section hiker and have done all of Oregon and half of Washington.  I
started out at Campo this year but only got the first section done and was
off the trail with trashed feet (which are better now).  In June I  had
hopes to do more  of Wash. and have definite plans to do the final two
sections Stevens Pass to  Manning Park starting August 12th. With the huge
snowpacks in Wash. I am afraid that we will not be able to do June or August
hike as planned so have come up with the Idea of hiking part of the JMT
Going in at Cedar Grove in Sequoia Nat. Park and walk up to Vidett Meadows
to meet the PCT and come out at Yosemite hiway 120.  We start August 12th
and my friend has a limited time.  Any info you have will be greatly
appreciated.

thanks,   Marge Prothman ( the old gal)