Re: [pct-l] Hydration systems (camelback, etc.)

Karen asked,
> Anyone have any experiences and comments on hydration systems? I'm
thinking I'd like to use one instead of my usual Nalgenes, so I could put
the water
inside the pack, close to my back, for better weight distribution.

I just purchased a Ultimate Direction (UD) Aquifer hydration pack that is
geared for running. UD has an excellent line of hydration stuff, including
the Voyager pack. The Voyager is 2750cc. in. in ONLY 2 1/4 pounds. A
hydration bladder can be added in a slot provided. It is top-loading, with
many features. They make several bladders that fit inside, uo to about 90
ounces. The Voyager sells for $140.00, a great buy. UD is very customer
focused and will send you a catalogue upon request. 1-800-426-7229.

I used the Aquifer this past weekend and am planning to use a hydration
system this summer, most likely with the Voyager. Hand held bottles may be
nice, but the bladder holds more and makes life much easier.

John Vonhof
vonhof@pacbell.net
author: FIXING YOUR FEET: Preventive Maintenance and Treatments for Foot
Problems of Runners, Hikers, and Adventure Racers
web site: http://www.footworkpub.com/feet/index.htm