[pct-l] Mojave waterholes

Early last month I found no waterholes along the aqueduct and the newer guidebook mentions that they have been sealed. I had no problem with water however. Jack Fair on HWY 138 is very generous in his hospitality which includes water, conversation, camping, telephone, and a trip to the store for a small fees. There was water from a pipe at Cottonwood Creek and there was a good flow at Oak Creek.

Subject: Mojave waterholes
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:04:46 -0700

In my old copy of Pacific Crest Trail - California, there are numbered =
waterholes along the aqueduct between Lake Hughes and Mojave.  The text =
says that water can be obtained through the openings by using rope and a =
water container.  Is this still true?  Is it simple?  Do any of you out =
there have any hints?  Or should one carry water?  Thank you again for =
the answers that always come in.