Re: [pct-l] Hydration systems (camelback, etc.)

Karen

I modified an old sports bottle by cutting off the last 1 inch (the end you
drink out of) with the cap attached. I then attached clear tubing to the to the
1 inch section with the cap and to the section coming out of the bottle.  I
have used this for about 7 years and it has worked well.  The two drawbacks are
that siphons the fluid out of the bottle so you have to use your toung to
control the fluid flow and that because of the siphon action it will leak very
slowly.  What I like about it is that it cost me about $1.50 for the tubing and
I like low-tech CHEAP solutions.  I must confess that I am looking for a bight
tip so the leaking stops.

Good luck

Owen K