Re: [pct-l] Alpenlite parts?

Brigitte

Sounds like you are in the same situation that I was with my 1971 alpinelite
frame.  I looked at a lot
of replacement possibilities and the only good I could do was at garage sales.
Unfortunately that means making another frame worthless which really bothers
me.  I eventually broke down and got an internal frame pack. It was really
tough decision because that frame had gone on every trip since I was 16 but now
can not believe that I went so long with that old frame.  The new technology is

superior to the early 70's tech, and it makes sense when you think about it.
In the early 70's we
had just learned about hip straps, heck the frame that the alpinelite replaced
had a hip strap with
carpet padding! Anyway you should do yourself a favor and test out some of the
new external and
internal packs/frames.

Good Luck

Owen K

PS My wife has the Gregory "Reality" and loves it.