[pct-l] PCT conditions

Howdy listers,
I was hiking off the Palm Springs Aerial Tram yesterday and hiked to Round
Valley which is 1 mile from the PCT at Wellman Divide.  Round Valley is at
9100'.  Only occasional patches of snow and pleasant hiking conditions
during the day.  Seemed like the night temperature was going to be on the
cool side.

Also, about 3 days ago, I was mountain biking near the PCT where it enters
Mission Creek Canyon.  I was one canyon to the south.  Conditions were
warm - probably close to 90 degrees.  With the usual springtime desert
zephyrs - probably 20 mph in open areas.  I saw one probable PCT'er in the
distance on the ridgeline just getting ready to cross over into the Mission
Creek Canyon.  I ASSumed it was a PCT hiker from the size of the pack.  The
hiker was far enough away that I couldn't even tell the gender but the pack
looked like an external frame.
        Jeff Jones