Re: [pct-l] Another request for a peek

OK, this is going to be quick and dirty.  I don't weight this stuff, so I
don't know how much it all weighs, together or individually.  If I leave
something out, it's an oversight.  I'm doing this from memory, not
inventorying my pack.

pack:             A-16 external frame from 1976.  I love it and will never
switch.
tent:               Clip Flashlight, with six stakes and rainfly.  see pack
note.
groundcloth:  Red and silver nylon re-enforced space blanket
matress:        3/4 Thermarest
pillow:            Slumberjack Quallofil
bag:                Sierra Designs  35 deg semi-mummy (not down)
stove:              Peak 1 Apex 2 with 11 oz fuel bottle
messkit:         old aluminum frying pan, kettle, plates, bowls, cups all
nested together
coffee pot:     small model
water bucket: 5 quart ice cream tub.
canteens:       MSR 6 liter bladder plus 4 squeeze margarine bottles
(ICBINB)
water filter:    Katadyn mini.  see pack note.
first aid:         a kit I assembled based upon the kits US Navy Seals
carry.
                       Bandages, antiseptic, Motrin, duct tape, Sudafed,
Immodium,
                       antibiotic (Keflex), sutures, iodine, betadine.  If
you know what you
                       are doing, you can save lives with this kit.
clothing:        6 pair Wick Dry sox, 2 pair nylon drawstring shorts, 2
longsleeve
                       polypro shirts, REI over the pack rain poncho, Sierra
Designs rain
                       pants, 10 in gaiters, wide-brimmed hat.
furniture:        homemade chair (similar to Slinglite), homemade table
misc:            Swiss Army Tinker knife, 4 mini butane lighters, Silva
compass,
                      3 Photon II micro lights, three 9-hour candles,
mosquito headnet
food:             jerky, trail mix, oatmeal, coffee, tea, pasta, etc, etc,
etc.

I'm comfortable.  I guess my base pack weight is about 36 lbs.   OK, take
your best shot.  Hike on!!  Bob Riess at the TrailHead in San Diego