[pct-l] Bear Box / Canister write-up for the PCTA WebSite.

Bear Box / Canister write-up for the PCTA WebSite.

Since this topic seems to be such a recurring issue on this list. I'd
like to challenge someone to a survey of what is known about the topic
of Bear Boxes and use of Canisters along the PCT. I'll publish the
results on the PCTA website for future PCT hikers.

I'd like the following information.

1.	Location of existing Bear boxes listed by / Region / Forest or
Park / Map / Location (Example: Central California / Kings Canyon
National Park / H1 / Charlotte Lake). Remember while many of you locals
know exactly where things are by name. Most of us normal people don't
have a clue where you're talking about.

2.	Also a listing of areas of bear danger by National Park or
Forest starting in the south and working north. A listing of regulations
of each forest and or a link to an online webpage from the forest or
park indicating their bear regulations for backcountry travel. Also I'd
like phone numbers and locations of ranger stations were permits (if
required) may be acquired.

3.	Links to websites where canisters maybe purchased or rented.

4.	Months of highest bear activity.

If there are any takers let me know. Or if you'd like to tackle part of
the project I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ron Moak
PCTA Webmaster