RE: [pct-l] Bears (&fishing)

Well said Brian!
This is about the most accurate, well-thought out posting regarding a bear
I've read since joining this list several weeks ago.  Thanks.
Being a list newbie - I'll introduce myself.  My name is Andy, I'm from
Portland, Maine, and am planning to hike a 500 mile section of the PCT this
July and early August.  I'm not totally sure where yet, but the Tahoe -
Yosemite stretch seems to be at the top of the list.
I have a question regarding fishing along the trail.  Do any backpackers
fish?  Is it even legal?  Are there enough spots to justify dragging along a
bit of gear?  I haven't been able to find out anything about this through
the books, web sites, etc., so I thought I'd ask the list.  Any insight
would be appreciated.

Mentally, in California,
Andy