[pct-l] Re (pct-l) Kearsarge bears

<brian.robinson@compaq.com> writes:
>you might compare a habituated Sierra bear to a really BIG squirrel.

    Great minds think alike, Brian <g>. I just suggested to Cheryl that
Kearsarge ground squirrels could be as much a handful as the most
aggressive bear! When taking a K.Pass Tr. lunch break last year (on a log
shredded to splinters by bears, BTW), I had to keep swatting the pesky
critters, who were boldly clambering over my legs/trying to sneak into my
pack.

     Another year, a persistant marmot actually "begged" for food by
tapping me on the shoulder and tugging at my shirtsleeve all through the
meal....               bj

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]