[pct-l] Royal Norwegians, Damien Chouinard

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Glen Van Peski <gvp@home.com>.
* Please use <mailto:gvp@home.com> to reply to the sender.

For some reason I never saw the message I posted, but I guess someone did.  The only info I can add is the Royal Norwegian expedition was planning on doing about 25 miles a day, as I remember.  They certainly had enough food for high mileage.  I took Damien to his relatives in Ramona, I'll be taking him back to Pioneer Mail Saturday morning.  I spent the day taking him around, picking up some new equipment.  Read Miller and I went through his gear and reduced his basic pack weight by 15 pounds, so he has 3 boxes to mail home.  He is hoping that with trekking poles and a lighter pack, he will not have any more problems with his ankles.