Re: [pct-l] Starts May 7

I agree completely.  We should pass around our phone numbers.  I am at
619-472-5740.  I have short list of lessons learned, mostly having to do
with the logistics of meeting and hosting people, not necessarily having to
do with the trail.
1.  ALWAYS get flight numbers of all arriving people.  Too much can go wrong
to just "call you from the airport."
2.  All travelers have destination phone numbers.
3. Have a backup plan.  Flights are delayed, etc.

I blew it this morning.  I was at the monument with Team "On Fire"  and I
completely forgot to check the register.  What a dunce!   So I don't know
about David and Mike.  It's unfortunate that I was in a position to help
these two, and lack of a phone number prevented it.  I won't let that happen
again.  People have enough adversity to put up with, and problems in San
Diego needn't be another one of them.  Maybe I have been listening to those
frogvoices who are always warning us not to divulge personal information
over the internet.

Oh, BTW, Team "On Fire" Jack Perry, Mike Perry, Jason Babcock, and Jennifer
Doebler started their hikes at 5:40 am at the monument.  They are my final
group this season.  Jack will be going to Big Bear.  Jennifer won the
ultralight sweepstakes at 29 lbs including food and water.  Jason had an ice
ax, only the second one I have seen in San Diego.

I just went back a read what I have written, and I agree with everybody
who's thinking "What a nutcase."  I'm going to post it anyway.  Maybe
someone will be kind to me.  I apologize to all whom I unintentionally
insult.  Bob Riess at the TrailHead in San Diego.