[pct-l] Batch

Sorry this is slow in coming.
Ann and I meet Batch as he was hiking down in the bottom of Fuller Ridge,
for there we took him to our house and then to the airport.  He is now back
home.
When we saw him he was still doing between 20 and 25 miles every day.  His
feet had a few blisters, but they were not bad.  His problem was Why.  The
first time Batch tried to do the PCT was in '95.  The second try, which
failed in Northern California, was in '96.  The year he did the PCT was in
'97.  Now, at the age of 77 he was trying it again and he started asking
himself Why?...I've been here and done this.  Remember that the PCT in only
a small part physical and a very big part mental.

Tim and Ann
The Ravens
PCT '96