Re: [pct-l] PCT photography

Dear Chris / List:

I own a small Rollei 35mm that has all the features except #5.(weather
proofness) that you listed.  It is small, lightweight, good German optics,
fully manual and has a built in light meter.  Basically all of the
attributes that you want for backpacking.  The only drawback that I have
found in years of use is that it wont take any add-on lenses.  You get what
you get, so no wide angle, no zoom, no this or that.  Having said that I
have found the pictures that I have taken with it are as good or better
than my old Nikon SLR.

Rollei stopped making these around 1980 but they can be picked up used.  It
seems that nearly everything else in this size that I've seen is automatic
in one way or another that I don't like.  But then since I'm happy with my
Rollei I haven't been looking very hard either, FWIW.

Good luck,

Greg "Strider" Hummel