[pct-l] GPS

I have used my Garmin GPS III Plus on several winter ski trips here in
Oregon on the PCT.  It is invaluable when snow covers up markers,
blazes, and all other signs of the trail.  Unfortunately, it is only
accurate  to about 100 meters;  therefore, I usually cannot really find
the trail.  I can only navigate near it.
In the summertime when the trail is clear of snow, the GPS is only an
interesting toy.  Not really needed for travel on the PCT.

George Miller