[pct-l] short(er) and sweet

   Hi everybody. Just wanted to pass on a piece of extremely helpful (it
seems to me) information that may help in clearing the air about trolls,
flamers, and list "conspiracies" in general.

   After a flamer yesterday posted an accusation - which apparently at
least one lister fell for - that _I_ was our mysterious troller, I ran
around sending paranoid e-mails myself <g> Then I got-a-grip (sorry to
everybody who had to read my private fumings) and, on advice, ran an
online Search of the troller's address. While I can't speak for anybody
else's motives, certainly in sending trolls or flames (ugh), I'm
as-sure-as-anybody-could-be that he's an actual person - and a rather
likeable, outdoors-knowledgeable one at that. From his posts to
newsgroups, I'd say he sure knows alot more about huntin' n' fishin' n'
stuff that I do, and the sampling I read was completely polite and
helpful.

    Why his postings to our list are out of "character" may have
something to do with the vibe the current situation sends out - I really
haven't a clue. Frankly, I'm so relieved to find the trolls aren't coming
from my tormentors, I don't care at this point. You wanna know what makes
me so sure? Because, to be honest, the guy's posts are too informative
and cheerful to have come from any of them - see for yourself.

    I have to say I don't like  "checking up" on people; that's why I'm
not posting anything specific about the young man. My first real Internet
Search was so useful, however, that I highly recommend it to anyone with,
uh, doubts about anyone else. Again, I apologize to everyone I pestered.
maybe somebody owes _me_ an apology? I shan't insist...

   At the risk of being accused of pulling a Rodney King <wry grin>, can
we all puleeez straighten ourselves up, speak honestly (and freely) and
shelves the agendas etc? (We might even make room for the troller's real
persona.) A free trip report to every lurker who posts something
interesting!
          thanks for reading,      bj

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]