Re: [pct-l] Mule Race etc. - also 2 B. Wiggins

Well, horses, mules and bears are hearby kicked off the list. My last posts on
the subject(s):

It is Rock Creek Pack Station. They run huge 20-30 person "rides" add to that
5-7 wranglers and 20 or so pack animals and the trail, the meadows that they
shortcut through, and the campsites they use are blasted. Anyone could have
developed a bad attitude if they were hiking in the ame area. I ran across them
three times. They criscrossed my path [the JMT] droping down to fish creek, then
taking laterals up to the trail.

I am not anti-horse mind you. I believe in access for everybody but don't
pretend that horses don't create a terrible environment and, in quantity, ruin
the environment, at least short term, for foot traffic.