Re: [pct-l] Evening Low Temperatures

Tucker Spohr wrote:

> Does anyone know what I could expect for Evening low temperatures
> between Campo and Big Bear City, May 7th to the 24th? How about at
> altitude in the San Jacintos around the middle of May, or along the
> Desert Devide at that time?

Tucker,

If you don't mind a smart alec remark, I'd have to say anywhere between 60
degrees F and 25 degrees F.  The weekend before last had Campo with
temperatures above 80 in the daytime, and there was frost on the pumpkin the
next morning.  Today it has been very cloudy and quite windy, with daytime
temperatues in the 60's.  It's been dry enough, so I would suppose that a lot
of the snow has melted from San Jacinto, and without any further storms, it
should be pretty well gone by in the next three weeks.

If I were going to guess, I would think that the night temps anywhere along the
route you mention will probably stay above freezing unless something untoward
happens.

That's my guess, repeat guess.  Anybody else?

Jeff E