RE: [pct-l] Eagle Creek Trail

Monte,
Glad you mentioned Eagle Creek Trail.  That reminded me that was one
instance in which I took an exception to Ray Jardine's PCT Hiker's Handbook
where it states: "...In no instance have I found the main route inferior to
any alternative route."  Surely anyone who had hiked the Eagle Creek
alternate route and the official PCT route (Benson Plateau) would disagree.
Eagle creek is enchanting, a truly spectacular section of trail (albiet
short) that should not be missed.  I believe it is an alternate route
because of the steep dropoffs and the fact that you can do the Benson
Plateau trail without that risk and arrive/depart from the same general
places.  The only let down is the swarm of people on the trail.

Swoosh  (newbie to this list - hello all)